Monday 22 May 2017

Alexandre Lacazette Confirms Summer Departure From Lyon

The Frenchman has also hinted about his future club
Olympique Lyonnais striker Alexandre Lacazette has confirmed that he won’t be with the club next season, as he will leave the Ligue 1 side this summer.

Lacazette had joined the 7-time Ligue 1 Champions as an 11-year-old, and having played for Lyon since making his senior debut in 2010, the 25-year-old has indicated that he feels that it’s the right time to move on and prove himself at a higher level.

As per the statement given by him to ​L’Equipe, the striker said: “I think that’s the right time. I want to discover something else, to test myself and to pass a certain level.

“I know very well that on a European scale, I am not yet very recognised. I want to see if I can answer the questions that people are asking, and to make further progress. We are at a time when everybody finds his account, and that’s good.”

The Frenchman also hinted about his future club, as he hailed Atletico Madrid to be a “great team”.

“Atletico is a club that has been in the last stages of the Champions League for several years. It is a great team with a new stadium, and it is also a club that makes the players progress. And there is Antoine Griezmann,” the striker stated.

Lacazette also mentioned that only he would decide his future, by adding: “The president told me what he told you at a press conference. It is I who choose my future destination. It is a personal choice of a carefully considered career, which I have done for a long time.”

For more details visit BlameFootball
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment