Saturday 10 June 2017

Nolito Desperate For Manchester City Exit After Frustrating Season

Reuters
Manchester City winger Nolito has given the final verdict on his future with the English club.

The 30-year-old has revealed that his time with the Citizens is close to an end, and he is said to be looking to leave the club this summer after growing frustrated with the lack of playing time.

The winger joined the Premier League giants from Celta Vigo last year, making an impressive start in England’s top flight by scoring a brace against Stoke City in his second league appearance.

But after January, the Spaniard lost his mark in Pep Guardiola’s team, often being left on the bench, and on certain instances, not even making the matchday squad at all.

Nolito barely featured for City in the second half of the campaign, having made just five substitute appearances in the Premier League from January on.

“I’d like to leave, whether that be on loan, permanently. I know about Atletico, Celta. These are things for my representatives,” Nolito told Marca.

“I’m calm and on holiday at the moment, but I’m thinking about returning to Spain. I know Atletico and Celta are interested. Up until December I was playing and was happy, but after those four months I’ve hardly played.

“I don’t know what happened, you’ll have to ask him. It has been a year to forget, an experience that hasn’t turned out as I’d planned, but hopefully this summer we’ll find a solution.”

The City exodus is set to continue with Pablo Zabaleta joining West Ham United, while Bacary Sagna, Gael Clichy, Jesus Navas and Willy Caballero will all be departing on free transfers.

For more details visit BlameFootball
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment