Saturday 10 June 2017

Paul Pogba Hints At Antoine Griezmann’s Imminent Arrival

Reuters
Antoine Griezmann has been linked to Manchester United over a potential transfer for next season for quite some time, and as it appears, his fellow countryman Paul Pogba has indicated that a deal could be close.

The Atletico Madrid striker is believed to be the Red Devils’ prime target for the summer transfer window, and with Pogba’s latest comments on Griezmann’s transfer situation, further rumours have been triggered over the forward’s potential move to Old Trafford.

With a tally of 26 goals in all competitions this season, the Frenchman has been an integral part of Diego Simeone’s line-up, but an England switch is likely to happen, as per the reports.

Paul Pogba was recently asked about his fellow compatriot’s move to United, to which he replied (via Telefoot): “Play with Antoine Griezmann next season? Watch this space.”

The comment could also be translated as “business to follow”, meaning that negotiations over the 26-year-old striker have come into an advanced stage.

However, United manager Jose Mourinho, who spent the last weekend at Monaco Grand Prix, admitted that he is currently not involved in any kind of talks to sign Griezmann.

“I have no idea if Antoine Griezmann will come to United,” Mourinho told Sky Sports F1. “Ask Ed Woodward. He knows since March who I want, what I want and how much I want.

“Now is time for him to work. It’s for him to work because he has holidays in August and in August I’m working. I don’t care about football for a month. I’m really happy with our season, the trophies, to be back in Champions League but now I have a rest, to disconnect completely and enjoy my family and friends and other sports I like.”

For more details visit BlameFootball
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment